[Story]Kumitae + Résultats

Jeu de Cartes Evolutif édité par FFG (et anciennement Jeu de Cartes à Collectionner édité par AEG)

Modérateurs : Magistrats de Jade, Historiens de la Shinri

Hiruma Vizzo
Chasseur de prime

[Story]Kumitae + Résultats

Message par Hiruma Vizzo » 29 oct. 2006, 14:14

Kumitae
By Rusty Priske

The building was small but solidly built. The two men standing at the door were large and heavy cudgels hung at their waists. They barely seemed to glance at Goro as he passed, but he could feel the deception. They were keenly aware of his presence, as they were of every person inside.

“Ah, Goro! Come in!” Hachino was the proprietor and he knew many of his customers by name, and all by face. The thin Goro bowed slightly to the heavier man before sitting across the low table from him. Goro tried to ignore the noise all around him, as other patrons were placing wagers with Hachino’s employees, or playing various games of chance with cards or stones.

“Good afternoon, Hachino. How is business?”

“Booming, Goro, booming. This Kumitae tournament announced has brought many in to make their picks, but I have a feeling that you know that. You are here for the same reason, no?”

Goro smiled. “Maybe. What have you seen so far?”

Hachino pulled a scroll from under the table and unrolled it part way. “About what you would expect for a tournament featuring unarmed combat. Most are betting on the Crab, with a substantial number betting on the Dragon. Virtually none for the Crane or the Phoenix. What sort of action are you looking for? Long odds or short?”

“Are the rumors true? Are they letting one of those Ratlings in to the tournament?”

“Ah, you want the REAL long odds.” Hachino smiled. “Really we don’t know. We know that one of the beasts requested admission, but we don’t know if it will be granted. The odds are set to take that into account. For a bet to pay, the creature needs to gain access and then win, but you will be paid off accordingly. How much do you want to put down?”

Goro shakes his head. “Not yet. What are they saying about the ronin?”

“Ah, yes. The ronin is a bit of a mystery. The odds on him are a lot tighter, as I don’t like taking bets on someone I know so little about. He keeps to himself and has an unfamiliar name. I will say, Goro, that if you can get some information on him, I would pay for it.”

Goro shook his head. “Sorry, Hachino. That’s not my specialty. So how many entries does that make?”

“Nine or ten. One from each of the great clans and the ronin, and maybe the Ratling. Maybe there are some minor clan entries, but I haven’t heard of any, so I’m not taking any best on them. So?”

Goro frowned and then pulled a small bag from inside his kimono. “Put me down for the Crane and the Rat.”

Hachino’s eyebrow shot up. “Long odds for Goro! Somebody must need some money!”

Goro’s frown turned into a scowl. “Just take the bet.”

The tournament winner will have his clan be the winner of the competition.

The clan with the most accumulated points will be the clan that found the text.

Point Accumulation:

Playing a given clan = 1
Being in costume = 10
Playing a ‘theme’ deck = 5
Purchasing 10 raffle tickets = 5
Bringing 5 items of non-perishable food = 2
Showing a clan banner = 5
Best sportsman = 20
Best Imperial Favor = 10
Coming in second = 10
Coming in third or fourth = 5
Conseil Crabe:
Quand le plan A n'a pas marché
Réessayer le plan A plus fort

Hiruma Vizzo
Chasseur de prime

Message par Hiruma Vizzo » 29 oct. 2006, 14:16

Josh Griffis gagne le Kumitae avec un crab corrompue (avec au moins Allegiance to the Dark Lord, Black Heart, le damné and Kyofu...) contre Chris Yao (un mantis)
Conseil Crabe:
Quand le plan A n'a pas marché
Réessayer le plan A plus fort

Répondre